Monday, August 24, 2009

It's Monday! What are you reading? (August 24, 2009)


Photobucket


It's Monday! What are you reading? is a weekly event hosted by J. Kaye's Book Blog; participants discuss what they read the previous week and what the plan to read in the coming week.

I was a slow reader again last week; even though I finished four books, three of them were very quick reads on trivia and grammar. I also fell back into a bad habit: reading the first 50 pages or so of a book and enjoying it, but then putting it down because I get excited about a different book. I can't be the only one who does this, right?

Reviews will be up soon for all the books I completed last week!

Last week's action:

*The Blue Pen by Lisa Rusczyk
*I Used to Know That: Stuff You Forgot From School by Caroline Taggart
*I Before E (Except After C): Old-School Ways to Remember Stuff by Judy Parkinson
*My Grammar and I... Or Should That Be Me? How to Speak and Write it Right by Caroline Taggart

Perusing now:

*Playing House by Fredrica Wagman

Stay tuned for:

*Benny & Shrimp by Katarina Mazetti

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful reading week you had. May tis week be as fabulous! Happy reading. My list is here: http://rundpinne.blogspot.com/2009/08/what-are-you-reading-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh, I'm getting Lisa Rusczyk's book soon. What did you think of it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. J. Kaye:

    I really liked it! I'm going to be posting a review soon, but briefly I can say that the story was very good and the main female character really captivating. I didn't know what to expect at all, which is rare for me (I usually read several reviews before reading a book), and I was very pleasantly surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I am so glad to hear it! :) Look forward to your review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list and I look forward to reading your reviews!!

    Please stop by my blog and pick up your awardhere!

    ReplyDelete